At Caroline Arthur Bridal (Glove Ltd) we will always be up front about what we do with your data – we are committed to treating it with respect and keeping it safe. This privacy statement explains how we do this and how you can make sure we do.
Caroline Arthur Bridal (Glove Ltd) is the sole ‘Data Controller’ of your information. This means that we determine the purpose and way your information is used. We will never sell your personal information or share it with another organisation for their own purposes.
You may contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 01428 681727.
Information We Collect
We collect information when you give it to us by:
- Email (directly or via our website or business Facebook page)
- Personal message through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- Reply to a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter post
- Telephone call
- Face to face at consultation or during our appointments together.
We only ever collect and hold information about you that is relevant to your relationship with us. This includes:
- Contact details (name, email address, phone number, street address (if required), FB/Messenger/ Insta/ Twitter/WhatsApp contact)
- Record of correspondence and the services you are interested in
- Record of Order including Order Form, Booking Letter and sketch
- Billing information (we are PCI compliant for card payments and have secure banking if you pay by bank transfer)
- Notes and correspondence resulting from appointments relevant to our meetings, conversations or your order.
- Reference only photos or videos from measuring / fitting appointments where relevant.
Cookies are used on our website, for two main purposes;
- for google analytics tracking data. The tracking data provides us with collective information about how our users are using the website but does not identify or track an individual user behaviour.
- cookies are used to allow visitors to add comments to the blog section of the website.
How We Use the Information
We use your personal information to provide the Caroline Arthur Bridal services you have requested or have expressed an interest in. We will do this on the basis of legitimate Interest or on the basis of contract where we put one in place.
Processing will be directly with Caroline Arthur or through a Design Consultant who represents us and may include:
- Arranging your attendance at consultation, measuring, fitting and collection appointments.
- Arranging and providing Sketch, Order Form and Booking Letter
- Arranging and providing management of the process based on the services you have expressed an interest in
- Taking payment for the above
At Caroline Arthur Bridal, our enquiries are categorised as Leads (enquiries prior to consultation) and Brides (once a consultation or booking is made). We will keep your data as follows:
- Leads: until your wedding date – or 2 years from initial enquiry if wedding date not given.
- Brides: 5 years from your wedding date
We do not use your data to email regular updates about Caroline Arthur Bridal services. In addition, we do not use your data for direct marketing.
We use social media to promote Caroline Arthur Bridal services. Individuals are free to engage with our social media posts or can choose not to see them.
Sharing and Disclosure
We rely on the use of services from third parties to help deliver our services. As well as working with Caroline Arthur, we may use freelance design consultants, pattern cutters and dressmakers to work with our brides to provide our services to the highest standard. We take great care to choose these individuals and ensure they respect your details and keep them safe in the way we expect them to.
We use the services of companies to run the business and to store and process your personal data. We only use trusted providers that we have checked comply with EU privacy laws, namely:
- Microsoft Office 365 – data storage and email
- BestPlaced – for web design and marketing services.
- Heart – for website hosting
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for Social Media content – pages and messenger
- Google – for calendar management
- com – for customer record management
Wherever possible we aim to use services which keep your details within the EEA. In cases where services we use run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will check the service provider is signed up to the US-EU Privacy Shield Agreement.
If required to by law we may need to disclose your details – to the police, regulatory bodies, or legal advisors. We will only do this in response to a valid request in compliance with UK law.
How We Keep Your Data Safe
We ensure that there are reasonable and appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We use secure wifi and trusted software to hold and process your data. We store all files and data in Zoho CRM, protected by password authentication, accessible only when we log into our account.
Our mobile devices are encrypted and password protected. Devices shared with others have a unique account for Caroline Arthur Bridal work that cannot be accessed by others.
You may ask us at any time to correct data you think is inaccurate;
You may ask us to limit what we do with your data or to delete it altogether.
You may request a copy of the data we hold about you.
To do this call us on 01428 681727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about our use of your personal data, please let us know and we will try to rectify the problem.
You can also contact the Information Commissioners Office here: www.ICO.org